Now how does a dessert that takes less then 10 minutes to make but wows everybody sound, well you are in for a treat.Chocolate covered strawberries seem so exotic and pricey in stores, but in reality its one of the easiest desserts to make and it works best when you have to entertain/wow huge number of people. Very less preparation time practically no clean up and so easy even a kid can make it.
Made this for a b'day party few weeks ago and boy they were delicious. With Strawberries in season now is the best time to make this, this processes can be extended for Cherries, short bread cookies,banana's well anything that gels with chocolate.
make approximately 30-40 Chocolate covered Strawberries
2 cups of Nestle Toll house chocolate chips ( I use semi sweet chocolate chips since strawberries in season are super sweet)
1 1/2 tbsp of Oil
1 tbsp of corn syrup (optional)
1/2 tbsp butter (optional)
1. In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chip and oil (Make sure the bowl is dry with no water, water and chocolate don't gel well)
2. Microwave of high for a minute
3. Remove from the microwave and mix well till chocolate chip turn into a smooth texture.
4. Butter and corn syrup can be added to give extra gloss to strawberries.
5. prewash and pat dry strawberries
6. Line a serving plate with wax paper, now dip the washed and dried strawberries in chocolate syrup and place it on the serving plate
7. Chill in the refrigerator for approx 30 minutes.
Tastes best when served at room temperature, you can double dip strawberries in chocolate again after chilling for a while to have a thicker and more richer chocolate covering.
This is my entry for Srivalli's Metai Mela, Happy 2nd birthday Mansi's SV and SHF June 2009